Kaysie Lackey Classes
"The People’s Cake is in Seattle, Washington, in the Queen Anne neighborhood. Kaysie Lackey, whose award-winning cakes have garnered regional and national recognition for their artistry and originality, is the founder and chef at The People`s Cake.
Kaysie has a background in the arts, including a Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts from Belmont University. She combines art and fashion to create original and over-the-top designs for her clients and competitions.
Her awards include:
- 2011 Food Network Challenge: Smurf Cakes - Winner
- 2011 Food Network Challenge: Hop Cakes - Second Place
- 2010 Food Network Challenge: Paranormal Cakes - Winner
- 2010 Food Network Challenge: Extreme Villain Cakes - Winner
- 2010 Washington State Sugar Art Show – Best in Show Best Use of Color
- 2009 Topsy Turvy Cake Contest hosted by Cake Central
- 2009 Top 15 Grand National Wedding Cake Competition
- 2008 Top 20 Grand National Wedding Cake Competition
Kaysie’s work has been featured on Food Network Challenge, NBC 5 New Day Northwest, KOMO 4 News at 4, and in Modern Wedding Cakes, Cake Central Magazine, American Cake Decorating, and cakewrecks.com’s Sunday Sweets.